The eight grants will be covered by the European Commission funds and students will be enrolled under a three year employment contract leading to the acknowledgement of a joint or a double PhD title recognized by ICE partner universities which are: Università degli Studi di Genova (UNIGE), Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TUE), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt (UNIKLU), Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)
8 PhD positions – Erasmus Mundus Doctorate in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (ICE) Research areas of interest:
– Assistive technologies: Human-Computer Interaction, Pervasive Computing, Multimedia systems & simulation environments;
– Network-embedded systems: Pervasive Computing, Distributed Mobile systems, Multimedia Networks;
– People-inspired technologies: Human Computer Interaction, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Systems, Data Mining;
– Design for social interaction: Adaptive systems, Autonomous systems, Aware environments;
– Multi-sensor surveillance: Cognitive Data Fusion, Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing.